Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 35, Teaching English, Mirakel, They like Americans and Giant Birthday Kebab Pizza from 85 Year Old Member Delivery Man! My Companion is the Best!


Giant Kebab Pizza Delivered by 85 Year Old Member for my Birthday!  

Hur stor det till?

Sorry really running out of greetings... this is going to be a long 16 months haha. No but in 2 days I will have been on my mission for 8 months!!! Time literally just blows past faster than anything else and I have been blown away with how much time has been just discintegrated this past month. It is just burning up. So the week started with a blessing for a less actives baby. Has anyone ever done that to a one year old before? They dont like it too much so she was a little squirmy but she was really cute and I hope that experiences like that will be what can help people as time goes on in having that testimony to come back again because they had faith enough to ask and I know that the priesthood is real and can affect people so much it really is amazing to see and to take part in. Also, transferrs are this next week so I will be finding out where I will be transfered to or if I am staying at the end of the week which is always a little annoying that they wont tell you but understandable because they just want us to do the best work that we can while we are in the area that we have been given.

My Companion Can Cook!  Birthday Breakfast!  Yum!
A miracle that we have seen this week was one of our really positive investigators let us back in!!! She didn't really address what happened but we talked to her and then taught her and she came to church on Sunday! She was one where I knew that she knew it was true but got a little scared when we started talking about baptism so it will be really interesting to see where things go form here. This experience happened after we had prayed and fasted and tried everything that we could do and I think that is one thing that I will take away from everything that has happened is that the Lord wants us to do everything that we can but to know that He is right there and it isn't just us that worries about these people but that He is with us wherever we go and with whomever vi pratar med.

Så we taught these kids English and they loved it!! It was just a little tutoring center and so we worked with maybe 5 this time but I think it will grow as the weeks go on. Most are actually really good and they know all of the swear words so I dont have to worry about teaching them those thank goodness! But I think that we will begin to sing with them and bring a little bit of the American culture in somehow as well as english because believe it or not most people in Sweden LOVE Americans... sorry Riley I have kinda heard the opposite of the French but I could be wrong. But sometimes if we go up and talk to people and start with Vi är americaner in stead of Vi är missionärerna we get a better response until they find out that we are missionaries and then it takes a little more persuading kan man säga to convince them.

It is pretty amazing to see the gift of tongues in action with Elder Jones. He improves so quickly and it reminded me that I couldnt understand people just a couple months ago.... really not very long ago... but now I can understand most of everything going around me and I know that isnt just me and I am super grateful for the ability to communicate with people because otehrwise I would be pretty useless. We had 3 investigators in sacrament and we had to rebless the water because we didnt have enough cups and I just remember my first sunday here with 8 people in the meeting and it feels pretty crazy :) Everything is looking really good in this area and it is on the rise this branch is going to grow and if it is while I am on the island great. If not I am just glad I was able to serve here.

MIRAKEL: We had this Russian lady that told us to come back later and we lost contact for 3 weeks we decided to try one more time before a lesson before we just stopped and her daughter opened the door and apparently she had a stroke a few days after we talked to her!! She invited us in and we talked for a minute and she told us that she was so scared she wouldnt come in contact with us again and she didnt know how we would be able to do that so she just prayed that day and we showed up... We were able to teach her by her bedside a little more about the gospel as she finds her way to recovery. She says she feels something when she is with us and that she doesnt want to switch churches but she agreed to hear the message that we have so hopefully we can help her at least build her faith in her Heavenly Father and invite her to build it even more... It is experiences like this that sometimes I just stop and think.... "only on a mission."

I hope everything is going well and that everyone is staying busy! I am sorry if some of you havent recieved mail I am working on that apparently I dont know how to send things through the Swedish system or they are just stealing everything through the mail.... Just kidding (in case they are reading my blog) they dont do that haha.

Jag älskar er ha det så bra hör ni!!

One more thing a birthday story. So I have the best companion and he made me breakfast and then because we had a super full day and couldnt go get dinner that we were thinking about, Kebab, He asked Brother Herrey an 85 year old member to get me some kebab and bring it (without me knowing) and so brother Herrey shows up at our door with this giant Kebab pizza for my birthday.... it was pure awesome they are the best!

Äldste Israelsen

No comments:

Post a Comment